BBC News is reporting at least 32 people—many assumed to be Christians—were killed in bomb blasts in central Nigeria on December 24. The bombs were detonated during Christmas Eve celebrations near the city of Jos.
No group has claimed responsibility for the string of attacks at this time. Nigeria’s president, Jonathan Goodluck, has said the government will do all it can to find those responsible for the attack.
More than 70 people were injured in the blasts.
ASSIST News Service reports that Gregory Yenlong, a spokesman for Nigeria's Plateau state, told Bloomberg news agency that there had been threats “to disrupt Christmas celebrations in Jos.”
You can read the BBC report here.
Read the full ASSIST News Service report here.