|The Hentschel family|
There continues to be no news of Johannes and Sabine (a German couple), Simon (their son, age 3) or of Tony (a British man). Lydia and Anna (7 and 5, daughters of Johannes and Sabine) who were freed in May 2010 are with relatives in Germany and are reported to be in good health (for more on their release, click here). It is a challenge for these relatives to function as Lydia and Anna's parents in light of their unique needs and in the context of the other children in their home.
Christians close to the situation are hopeful that the recent agreement to transfer power from President Saleh to the Vice President and the formation of a unity government may lead to the release of information about the four missing foreigners. These political changes have not yet led to much positive change in the country as a whole, and protests and violent clashes continue in many parts.
Christians in Yemen and others close to this situation thank us for our prayers and request our continued intercession. They ask us to pray that:
- The missing four (assuming they are alive) will know the peace, presence and daily provision of Jesus and will be released unharmed shortly.
- Information about their whereabouts will be forthcoming.
- The country will be governed in a Godly manner, respecting all ethnic, tribal and religious groups.
- The families and colleagues of those missing and murdered will know the peace of Jesus amidst continuing uncertainty.
- All expatriate Christians working in Yemen will know the Lord's guiding and protecting.
- The perpetrators will be convicted by the Spirit and drawn to the forgiveness, love and true life offered by Jesus.