|Pray that Bishop Umar will retain sight in his left eye. |
Photo: Compass Direct News
Doctors at Sheba Hospital in Tel-Aviv are still not sure what chemicals Muslim extremists threw on Bishop Umar Mulinde, but they know that the acid is threatening the vision in his left eye. Mulinde said his left eye has been getting better under the specialized treatment he has been able to receive. However, Mulinde also said that "the damaged right eye is somehow affecting the left eye. The doctors are thinking of removing the right eye with hope of saving the left eye."
Mulinde said he was encouraged that ministry is continuing at his church in Namasuba, though his friend Zachariah Serwadda was ambushed on February 4 after an evangelistic outreach in the predominantly Muslim town of Mbale. "I only heard several voices as I dropped down when the windshield of my vehicle got broken," said Serwadda, who was unhurt in the attack. "It could be the same group. It seems it's the same network, because after attacking Bishop Mulinde they threw down letters at the ... threatening to attack other preachers like him."
- Pray that Mulinde will retain his sight.
- Thank the Lord for the faithfulness of Mulinde and his friend Serwadda.
- Pray that the Lord will bless their efforts to spread the gospel.
- Pray that the perpetrators of these attacks will repent and come to know Jesus Christ.
- Please pray that increased persecution in Uganda will result in increased boldness among believers (Acts 4:29-31).