|Farshid Fathi, among others, |
remain imprisoned in Iran.
Photo: Present Truth Ministries
For most of his time in prison he was denied visitors and little information about his condition was disclosed to his wife and two children. It remains unclear whether he was released unconditionally or whether bail was paid pending formal charges and a court hearing.
Elsewhere, more than 20 believers remain detained across Iran because of their Christian faith or activities. Following a series of raids in February and early March, five believers remain detained in Shiraz, three in Kermanshah, and at least seven in Isfahan.
Among others detained are some who have been held for more than a year, including Noorallah Qabitizade, who was arrested in December 2010, and Youcef Nadarkhani who has been detained since October 2009 and remains under a death sentence.
After a year of being held without charge, Farshid Fathi was sentenced in April to six years in prison. Farshid's attorney is reportedly planning to appeal the ruling.
Meanwhile, Behnam Irani, who is serving a sentence in Karaj since May 2011, is reported to be in ill health and suffering abuse from fellow prisoners.
Please pray for Iran.
- Praise God that Fariborz has been released and returned to his family!
- Pray that he will be protected from further threats and harassment.
- Ask the Lord to help him to overcome this ordeal and to remain strong in his faith.
- Pray for the release of Noorallah, Farshid, Youcef and Behnam.
- Pray that, like Paul, their imprisonment will result in the advancement of God's kingdom (Philippians 1:12-14).