Inside this issue:
- China’s [un]changing face – China has invested billions of dollars to develop its trade while boosting its global image, but the nation is still Communist at heart. Stories of persecution continue to affirm this.
- Are Bibles still needed in China? – Is the government-run press printing more than enough Bibles? Paul Hattaway with Asia Harvest addresses the misinformation and shares what’s really going.
- All is not as it seems – Behind China’s shiny exterior, Christians are being persecuted. Read updates on several imprisoned Christians and the raiding of house churches and learn ways you can help.
- Christian Martyrs – After a viceroy in 17th-century China issued an edict cracking down on foreign religions, Christians began to flee. But one Christian encouraged many to stay. His actions condemned him to death but not before impacting others.
- Update on Egypt – President Hosni Mubarak’s resignation ended a 30-year regime that many considered corrupt. Believers are now wondering what’s in store for the nation’s Christians. Read what VOM sources have to say.
The Voice of the Martyrs newsletter is the flagship publication of The Voice of the Martyrs in Canada. Published monthly, it is available free of charge to anyone in Canada who requests it.
You can subscribe online here.