|Pray for believers in Kazakhstan.|
- Unity among Protestant churches is growing.
- There are many testimonies of a growing interest in the Good News among Muslims.
- Many churches have a missionary vision for reaching out to the neighbouring Muslim countries.
Today, please consider praying for believers in Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan currently chairs the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and proclaims religious tolerance.
- The Christian community is concerned that after 2010 the legislation will be changed imposing more restrictions on religious activities.
- While the majority of religious groups worship without government interference, the activities of unregistered minority groups, including some evangelical churches, are considered illegal. Some pastors and church members were fined for unregistered 'missionary' activities.
- In March 2010, new missionary visa regulations came into force that caused growing difficulties for some religious communities.